GARBE signs UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
Hamburg, 14.11.2022. GARBE reinforces its dedication to sustainable investing: The real estate company has become a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment. GARBE Industrial Real Estate, GARBE Institutional Capital, GARBE Immobilien-Projekte as well as FONTENAY Management will thus publish their activities and progress in the areas of environmental, social and governance (ESG) onwards in accordance with the PRI reporting standards starting in 2023.
The PRI is an international investor initiative with more than 5,000 corporate members. The participants commit themselves to systematically incorporating environmental, social and corporate governance factors into their investment decisions on the basis of six core principles.
Thomas Kallenbrunnen, Managing Director of GARBEInstitutional Capital, says: “The consideration of ESG factors in the investment process is deep-seated at GARBE. At the same time, we are driven by the aspiration to continuously improve existing practices and processes. By signing the PRI, we not only reaffirm our commitment to sustainable action, but also provide regular and transparent information on our progress.”
GARBE’s sustainability approach takes into account ESG factors at company and product level. Goals include the reduction of CO2 emissions, the promotion of diversity and inclusion, as well as clear and transparent reporting standards. GARBE works with renowned partners such as the MADASTER network and uses established tools inlcuding the Carbon Risk Real Estate Monitor (CREEM).
The six PRI Principles are:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.